Monday, July 16, 2007

The iPhone Craze


















For the past 3 months, I (along with the entire world) have been obsessed with the release of the iPhone. Taunted with mere images, I found myself checking apple.com regularly and other cellphone forums to find out the latest gossip on the phone. THEN, apple released those videos showing how the iPhone worked and my jaw dropped. I tried to deny how HOT it was....simply because I had signed a two-year contract with T-Mobile and knew I wasn't going to be able to simply get an iPhone.

Then, the day came....the release of the phone. My co-worker ordered his and awaited the arrival of his phone to come in....secretly, I awaited the arrival of his phone also. When Monday came around, his shiny new iPhone came in and I just couldn't wait until he gave me the opportunity to play with it.

The first impression of the iPhone is that it's thinner than I imagined it would be. I thought it would be thick and similar to the iPod. But it's as thin as the iPod if not thinner. The screen resolution is also incredible and is the best that I have seen on a phone....period.

There are a few points that I HAVE to point out about the phone. When you receive a voice message, the phone not only allows you to listen to them in ANY ORDER....it shows how many and long the messages are, who is the message is from. Also, you get the ability to watch YouTube content on the device. As of now, they have not gotten ALL of YouTube content on the phone, but Apple has promised that all the YouTube videos will be available for viewing on the iPhone. Last, Being able to scroll through pages like you are turning a page in a book is another one of the great features.

The internet....is just as advertised....it is the INTERNET. Not watered down for a phone....just clearly the internet. You can scroll the page like pages in a book on the internet, along with being able to zoom in to a specific part of the page to read.

There are so many features to talk about on this phone that I clearly could not go through them all in this article without it being super long. From the maps, the iPod part, email, calendar, the clear pictures, etc, etc. The phone is a great multimedia device. Now, for the business professional it maybe a tad bit too much and cumbersome to use to handle business. But for that trendsetter, looking to turn heads in the clubs....you definitely will get a conversation starter with this phone....which is why we buy phones anyway...to start conversations. fin

Wise


No comments: