Thursday, August 23, 2007

So I'm a ho?




Double standards are the root of all evil. I am a woman of the 21st century and if I chose to have sexual relations with more than one man…THEN LET ME BE! Promiscuity is always considered being a ho. Men assume, women can't have sex without feelings…bullshit!

In my college dorm, my floor mates would constantly discuss their sexual escapades. Outrageous laughter and exchange of male insults filled the hall ways of our single sex dormitory. The same conversations took place in my all girl high school. See, what was lost in translation of time is that women have a stronger sex drive than most men. Over time, after being disrespected by men and our feelings going unrecognized we have adapted and joined the ranks of the "No Strings Attached Club". As my favorite rap song once said, and I quote "Ni**as ain't shit, but ho's and tricks." Yes liberation has arrived.

But on the flip side, I am coming into my lady hood; I have retired my freaky ways and have regained my femininity in the sense. I now care that my husband to be probably wouldn't like that his girl has been around the block or if my Sleep Number (not the one by Posture Pedic) is higher than his. Not saying it is for the record, but men think if a woman has more than three partners her life that she is a loose goose.

So what to do ladies? Do we embrace the need for sexual liberation or remain the pure ladies our male counterparts hope for? Well the harsh reality of this particular situation is that there is no compromising. You is or you ain't, you will or you won't, you do or you die. It really is a case by case situation. If your one of my girls who could care less about the thoughts of some dude…put your freakum dress on and get it! Just stay the hell away from my man! As for my ladies, who hope for the nice wedding, white picket fence and 2.5 kids one day, you're going to have to suck it up and visit your local adult novelty store.


Kim Sweets

No comments: